We are a direct partner of Symaga.
1. Why silos from Symaga?
- Symaga became a world leader in manufacture of metal silos for storing grain from agricultural production. 30-year experience in the market and over 15 million cubic meters of the silos made constitute a guarantee of good workmanship and convenient operation of the silos.
- Symaga supplies silos for various sorts of agricultural production: milling sector, brewing industry, production of biofuels, feed mixing plants, drying plants, port infrastructure, etc.
- The silos are made from corrugated, galvanized steel plate (zinc coating thickness: 600 g/m²); the service life of the silos exceeds the service life of products from other companies almost twice.
- We offer flat-bottom silos with a maximum capacity of 25,000 m³ and hopper silos with a capacity up to 2700 m³.
2. Types of silos
The silos made by Symaga are divided into several types:
- Silos with a flat or conical base made of concrete, designed for long-term storage of large quantities of grain, seeds, etc.
- Silos with a conical hopper having an opening angle of 45º or 60º, designed for long-term and short-term storage of grain, seeds, etc.
- Silos for transport infrastructure used for loading the produced material onto trucks or trains.
- Silos with a small capacity intended for the use on animal farms.
3. Completion of a silo
- The roof with an inclination angle of 30° made from trapezoidal sections. A special geometry of the bend of the roof section and longitudinal folds of the structure increase its strength and air-tightness. Depending on the silo diameter and the mass of the roof, it may include an additional framework or be assembled without it.
- The cylinder of the silo consists of ring-shaped elements with high hardness made of structural steel S 350 GD Z600 galvanized using the Sendzimir method.
- The structural ring is a part of the silo with a metal hopper. It is galvanized using the hot dip coating method, while welding on both sides prevents percolation.
- The legs of the hopper silo are made of structural steel, galvanized using the hot dip coating method.
- Anchoring of the silo: Standard mechanical or chemical anchors are used for anchoring the silo to concrete.
- Silo discharge hopper: The hopper is made of structural steel S 350 GD - Z600. It can have the opening angle of 45º, 60º or 66º.
4. Additional equipment
In most cases we supply standard silos, but on special request we are able to build a custom silo along with additional equipment.
- Peripheral rings to protect the structure against wind. Strong gusts of wind can cause deformation of the silo body. These additional rings designed to increase the rigidity of the structure are made of steel E-220 Z275 MAC (EN 10305-3: 2011)
- Roof stairs enable access to the roof and its top. A special design of the stairs with angular cross-bars provides relief when going between the loading hatch and the observation hole.
- The roof observation hatch is used to view the contents of the silo, check the condition of grain, as well as access the interior of the silo if necessary.
- Service door: placed on the cylinder and intended for the access to the interior of the silo. Standard sizes are: 600 and 530 mm respectively.
- Mounting elements - threads of 8.8 and 10.9 quality classes are used. Nuts have the quality class 8, while washers are made with extra neoprene gaskets, which ensures air-tightness of the connection. Mounting elements are galvanized using the hot dip coating method (zinc coating thickness: 70 - 85 μm).
5. Additional equipment made on special order
- Additional rails for the roof stairs provide safe passage between the roof hatch and the silo loading hole.
- Lifted stairs provide access to the roof of the structure on the wall of the silo cylinder. The design includes a protective grate and intermediate landings.
- Access stairs for the side hatch with a natural angle: the structure includes a support platform enabling performance of operations at the level of the side hatch.
- Internal stairs from the door to the side hatch to the floor of the silo.
- Additional rest platforms for a ladder to the roof of the silo.
- Ventilation systems in the roof and in the floor of the silo.
- Round ventilation canopies placed on the roof of the silo are airtight and are protected with a mesh against birds. It is possible to equip the structure with a locking system and an additional exhaust fan. We offer two types of the structure:
- In a side wall, at the bottom of the silo, external ventilation holes are made. In the lower part of the structure, longitudinal ventilation ducts are made; they occupy from 25% to 30% of the cubic capacity of the silo concrete floor and may be placed in a form of branching or parallel inlets. These ventilation inlets are connected with each other, they have an outlet to one or more fans forcing the air surrounding the silos to ventilate the stored product.
- Perforated material of ventilation grates. The ventilation grate is mad of steel galvanized with the use of Sendzimir method. Depending on the intended use and the type of the product to be stored, holes with a size from 1 to 1.5 mm are made in the material of the ventilation grates. The area of the perforated surface of the floor is 30% (in the case of similar structures from other manufacturers it reaches 12% only). The supports of the ventilation grates are made of steel galvanized using the hot-dip coating method, while their design ensures uniform distribution of air over the entire surface of ventilation ducts.
- Fans can work both at the forcing and suction mode and they have the IE2 energy savings class certificate.
- Temperature monitoring system. It enables continuous monitoring of the product storage conditions in the silo. The system becomes a passive control system and in practice it does not require any operator. Temperature sensors can be replaced without the need of emptying the silo. The temperature probe rests on two beams, and therefore the roof is not additionally loaded. The system is made in accordance with the ATEX directive.
- Side discharge system: Grain can be discharged from the silo onto a truck, a railway car or on the ground. The system allows emptying up to 70% of the silo content without consumption of electric energy.
- A limiter of the velocity of grain falling through the discharge hole. This improves the product storage quality, prevents damage and destruction to grain under the influence of its specific gravity and reduces the occurrence of dust, thus minimizing the risk of ignition.
- Mechanical brushes: used to clean the concrete base of the silo after it has been emptied. Symaga proposes mechanical brushes for industrial use which have the ATEX certificate.
- Discharge of the overhang and stagnant material, necessary in the case of certain products, e.g. soy flour, rapeseed meal. Symaga makes a special modification of the structure for these products.
- Railing and fencing. They are made in a modular form and therefore they may be adapted to different configurations. The structure is made in compliance with the UNE EN ISO 14122 standard. Railing and fencing calculations were performed taking into account the diameter of the structure as well as the mass of the transporter and snow cover.
- Silos with extra sheathing. The outer sheathing provides extra protection against corrosion and temperature. It also allows reducing the ecological impact of the structure.
- Internal sheathing with a smooth texture improves sliding of the product and ensures higher cleanness.
- Detectors of maximum and minimum levels: Membrane or inductive level sensors
- Railing on the roof: the railing around the perimeter of the roof reinforced with external framework elements increases the safety of the personnel.
- Air-tight sealing of the roof slope: instead of a structure with a frontal ledge of the roof, Symaga offers an air-tight sealing system that uses foam. It facilitates the assembly and also allows closing the silo hermetically.
- Ventilation cone: this innovative offer consists in making a perforated metal cone inside the silo - on its bottom. This solution ensures that there is no contact between grain and the concrete floor. It also reduces the expenditures on operating personnel, because it is not necessary to manual empty the silo of grain.